please can you let me know what you think of these pictures?

• monkeymonkey
  • Born
  • Born
  • monkeymonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Could you please let me know what you all think of my pictures? Any positive/negative comments, advice, etc. would be great. Thank you.

I hope the sight works okay for you. Might have issues with browsers other than IE...?

http://www.joncallow.co.uk

Thank youu!

J
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasn't able to see the pictures since I don't have a flash player and too lazy to play with that right now :)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

@monkeymonkey: I like your photos a lot ... really ... black and white photos always intrigue me ... Some of them make me feel like there's a little bit too much going on on the photos ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a problem with my computer. I know it's not with the site since righteous trespasser saw your site. I installed Flash Player right now twice and I still can't see the site. I get the thing that says I have to have flash player installed with a link to the downloading site. Thats where I got the downloader.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your page tells me that I need to install Flash player.

I am a Flex developer. Believe me, I have Flash installed...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

No Bogey, In FF it didn't work for me ... I had to go and check it out in IE7 ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
No Bogey, In FF it didn't work for me ... I had to go and check it out in IE7 ...

Whats wrong with FF? Why can't I view flash items on flash? This is a big disadvantage in FF. A BIIIIG one!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, the pictures were nice. I like them. At least most of them :D
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem is in the proprietary code, it's not a failure with the browser...I routinely surf a multitude of flash-enabled sites with Firefox, and they don't repeatedly demand that I install the plugin.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cold Canuck wrote:
The problem is in the proprietary code, it's not a failure with the browser...I routinely surf a multitude of flash-enabled sites with Firefox, and they don't repeatedly demand that I install the plugin.

I should have known :D The flash games still work :lol:
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

It did not work in any of the 5 browsers I normally use (Safari, FF, Opera, Mozilla, & Camino). Finally I had to bite the bullet and dust off my IE 5.2 and try it that way and guess what...It didn't work there either.

Oh, and in case your wondering why I have IE 5.2, it's because that is the last version they made for Mac.
  • wigwam
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, monkey2

I think your pictures are good but I have several comments since you want to know what we think of your pictures.

Firstly, I kinda observed that most of your pictures, though in black and white are a bit to high on the contrast. I don't know if you manipulated them in photoshop or something but I think that most of your pictures are a little too dark that most of the details are just lost in the shadows. Especially when your doing macro. I kinda think that your camera's aperture may be set too high or perhaps you don't have enough lighting. You do realize that when shooting black and white, lighting is your most important factor.

Secondly, I kinda like your random choice of subjects. Varied, in such a way that I think you are very observant BUT you need to improve on your composition and how you put em in your frame. I have noticed that in some of your pictures there are several elements in a frame that it makes the viewer kinda confused on what exactly your picture wants to drive at. More like there are things there that should have been cropped. The key word should be positioning. Like "bottle" picture, for example. It took me sometime to understand the picture because the background made the shards difficult to see. The background confuses the viewer from your subject. It would have made a much better impact if the background was planer.

Well, monkey2 these are just my initial observations but these should be the significant ones. I think you're good at what you do and that being said I think you did a good job.
  • zand_stein
  • zand_stein

Post 3+ Months Ago

i didnt see it, i just need to install that one first..............
  • Rahul H
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rahul H

Post 3+ Months Ago

SERVER NOT FOUND
your picture is cool
very nice ...
  • moonmoon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • moonmoon

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice one~
  • bobek7
  • Born
  • Born
  • bobek7

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice to me :)
  • vitalink
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vitalink

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice pics!
  • vvxiao
  • vvxiao

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Your page tells me that I need to install Flash player. "
i have the same problem! but i don't know how to install! it's a pity! :(
  • april25
  • april25

Post 3+ Months Ago

The pictures were nice. I like them alot :)
  • addy999
  • addy999

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well good u know what i think it shows ow far the imagination can go...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts