• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the idea of not including the eyes, and the tone is great, however my eyes tend to move over to the left side of the image rather than looking at you. It's a general rule (though there are no rules, so let's change that to 'guidelines') not to place things people (or things) on the edge of the frame, and it's also not advised to have them looking out of the frame that they're closest too. So all in all it's a good effort, and one last thing is that maybe just a little bit darker?
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
I like the idea of not including the eyes, and the tone is great, however my eyes tend to move over to the left side of the image rather than looking at you. It's a general rule (though there are no rules, so let's change that to 'guidelines') not to place things people (or things) on the edge of the frame, and it's also not advised to have them looking out of the frame that they're closest too. So all in all it's a good effort, and one last thing is that maybe just a little bit darker?

Thank you for your reply!

I am aware of the guidelines but I figured since I cut out the eyes, why not cut out what i'm looking at?

I will make it darker and see if it improves the photo.

Again, thanks for the reply!
  • april25
  • april25

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks nice, and I think that it would look even better if you make it darker... :)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I assume this is natural light, if so then i think you've done a great job. As breeze says though it is sort of uncomfortable to view the image because you are too far to the right of the image. Naturally i want to look right in the centre to see the portrait.

Shift the tri-pod a wee bit to the right of where it was and reshoot then you'll be good. Maybe look at adjusting the aperture too to bring out more of the dark.

Good job.
  • addy999
  • addy999

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a beauty u know what ..like the idea of not including the eyes, and the tone is great ..Awesome picture..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts