Selling Work

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Over the next few months i hope to increase my portfolio of photographs in the aim that one day i can start selling some of it.

I'm aware sites like Deviantart offer the member to sell their work through the site, however i'm under the impression this feature is only available to those who pay for membership on the site. If i'm honest, despite being a member of the site for 5 or so years i'm still not sure whether it would be worth my while paying for membership just so i can sell my work.

Anyone here know anything about deviantart and any other sites that allow people to sell their photographs?

Alternatively i could be looking at setting up some sort of shop on one of my websites so i can make the sale commission free. If anyone here can pass any advice on regarding that then i'll be very grateful.

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Redbubble is free and very good for selling prints :) You should give it a look.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

And BTW:

deviantART wrote:
All registered accounts on deviantART have the option of selling prints and products provided the account holder agrees to the Terms of Service and Submission Agreement. This is considered a “Standard” level print account which is available to everyone free of charge. Users that wish to upgrade to an annual “Premium” subscription for the advantages and benefits offered, can do so at the Services Page.

http://help.deviantart.com/338/
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you used redbubble yourself Breeze?
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a few things on there, but I haven't sold anything yet ... though I do know a few that have. I'm not particularly active on there anyway ...

http://www.redbubble.com/people/AaronBradford
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB you might consider selling your work as stock as well. You can build up a pretty nice income stream.

istockphoto.com is one option although I don't hear as many happy sellers there as I once did. There are also others with the same model.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

alamy is a site i've been on for a long time but never submitted work too. I know of someone who was getting cheques in the post of at least 100 pounds months after he sold a photograph through the site.

The requirements of that site are pretty strict, but if you can get past the stage where you are then submitting work for sale then some good money can be made. I need to work on my portfolio a bit further though before i can start submitting stuff.

Thanks for the sites so far. I'm going to look further at stock photos, but the others suggested also are worth checking out.

To go back to my original post, i mentioned how deviantart had the option for sales, has anyone here had experience with that at all?
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could always sell your work through Stockxchng / Flickr / DeviantArt / A couple other stock photo sites as well.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts