Sequoia National Park

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Took the fam up to Sequoia National Park only to find that most of the access roads were still closed due to weather conditions and ice. So, unfortunately we were unable to venture deep into the park where the Giant Redwoods grow. Had it not been for the deer the trip would have been a total bust. Here are a few shots. Enjoy. :rudolf:

baby waterfall
deer1
deer2
intotheclouds
moss rock
mountain peak
moutain silouhette
river1
stream1
stream2
stream3
stream4
tunnel rock
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very pretty. Reminds me of all the beautiful scenery that I used to live around. NOW, my life consists of flat and yellow terrain. Theres Texas for you! *sob* :lol:
  • cletus
  • Loc: Missouri, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

More great stuff :iconthumbright:

A couple comments:

You really need to tone down that copyright! If you're using Photoshop try playing around with the blending modes and the opacity of the copyright text. You might find a combination that keeps the copyright obvious, but doesn't overwhelm the rest of the image.

The exposures are really nice. In some cases they might be a little dark, but nothing to really worry about.

You've got a great eye for finding interesting subjects. Composition wise it seems like your subjects are tending to stick near the center of the frame. Don't be afraid to place the subject off center. If you need to, the next time you're out shooting, force yourself to place the subject off center. See if you like the effect.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you, Smokenjoe and Cletus. I will lower the volume on my copyright, but only for yall (Ozzu). :) The next time I'm out on a shoot I will definitely try your suggestion of off center shots, cletus. I've seen some photos like that befor and I liked them as well. I don't know why I haven't tried it. :?:
  • cletus
  • Loc: Missouri, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:
The next time I'm out on a shoot I will definitely try your suggestion of off center shots, cletus. I've seen some photos like that befor and I liked them as well. I don't know why I haven't tried it. :?:

When I haven't been taking a lot of pictures, I find that I tend to drift back to always placing the subject in the center. I think it's a case of if you haven't been shooting in a while or if you're shooting with new equipment, you're thinking about everything but the composition and you just center the subject up and shoot.
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

intotheclouds is great!
  • IMMORTAL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love how you captured the motion of the water in stream3

Post Information