Shaped by war

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don McCullin is a successful war photographer from England. He has an exhibition in Manchester, England for a few weeks showcasing some of his work.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/ne ... 492777.stm

I saw the video accompanying the link and thought it was really worth sharing. It doesn't say it is only available for people in the UK, so i believe people outside the UK will be able to see it, if not i will find another copy. Let me know.

What a great photographer he is though, some of the work shown there is unbelievably good yet incredibly sad.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

The guy might have been good but I don't see why we should promote war.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That presentation was riveting. I had to watch it twice. The way he describes his work is very powerful. I loved what he said about taking photographs with your soul.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
The guy might have been good but I don't see why we should promote war.

It's hardly a promotion. If anything it's photographs like these that would demote war. I don't think people realise what war is like until they either experience it or see photographs like these, so i am very much in support of exhibitions like this.

Of the photographs in the presentation my favourite is without a doubt the one of the old Cambodian mans portrait. Don McCullin is spot on when he says that you can tell alot by his face.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts