In The Shade

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

We were at OppiKoppi a while ago, which is a massive music festival here in SA, and I only got to start sorting out the photos now ... here is one that was taken while just sitting around in the sun the Saturday ...

Link ...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you made a decent attempt to catch what could have been an otherwise nice photo.

I don't like:
The sky is totally washed out
Your subject seems to be your shoes, not the guy I think you were trying to capture. Would have rather seen him in focus and your shoes out of focus.
The lighting is horrible

Things I like:
The concept of the capture I think was great. It just doesn't work as a good photo.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the way framed the guys face. Brilliant.

The horizontal being askew bothers me. The little dark triangle in the corner does as well.

But, it reminds me, as a shutter bug, of how I'm seeing things when I have my camera and I'm scoping out different shots here and there. :thumbsup:
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, if the focus was on the face and not the shoes it would have been better. In saying that though, i don't think it's all that bad a photo. Nice framing, and with exception to the points ATNO suggested it isn't a bad photo.

Isn't that you in the photo?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah it is me in the photo ... I didn't take it, but I still wanted to hear what you guys thought ... Thanks ...
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some nice pics there, you have, in addition to what everyone has said earlier in this post.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like i say, it's not as bad as i think some people gave the impression. Infact there were a couple of comments that were more harsh than was probably needed.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol ... don't worry SB ... really I don't mind at all ... I'm not one of those people that take anything up personally so I take this as constructive rather than something bad ...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good, because i feared you were going to change your signature to "Go f--- yourself Ozzu".

:D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, I know my critique was more negative than positive albeit I did list the positive as well. But I call it like I see it. I would sincerely hope others do the same for me when I post pictures. It's the only way to help yourself improve. Telling someone their picture looks great when in fact it doesn't isn't helping them at all.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Good, because i feared you were going to change your signature to "Go f--- yourself Ozzu".

:D

haha lol ... now I'm just going to do it for the fun ... lolz. No just kidding ...

And ATNO that's what I like about you here on the forum ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts