What classified as a good photo?

• Yoshiaki

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am very new to the photography world, but was quite interested in it...

I've wondering how does a photo being classified as a good photo?
(Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i am really curious of what is a good photo)

Can anyone please tell me?

Thx

[**EDIT**]
Here are some of the photos taken with a camera phone

I did some brightness and contrast for this picture below

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think there are any stipulations other than consensus.
You'll know a good one from the rest when you see it :)
  • AlphaGeo
  • Born
  • Born
  • AlphaGeo
  • Loc: Houston, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think its a matter of opinion :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Photography is an art and therefore is subjective. Every viewer will see your photo's in a different way. Depending on their field of experience, likes and dislikes, some will love what others hate.

With that being said, there are still things you can do to take better photos and improve your chances of having them be enjoyed by a wider audience.

Try the links in this search result for starters.
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig& ... gle+Search
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

there's no such thing as stupid question. Just dun be psycho or neurotic about your questions.

Start shooting some pics and show us, We will give our tastes and you will know.
  • Yoshiaki

Post 3+ Months Ago

^ Thx for the advice... I've posted some of the photos taken with a camera phone...

ATNO/TW wrote:
Photography is an art and therefore is subjective. Every viewer will see your photo's in a different way. Depending on their field of experience, likes and dislikes, some will love what others hate.

With that being said, there are still things you can do to take better photos and improve your chances of having them be enjoyed by a wider audience.

Try the links in this search result for starters.
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig& ... gle+Search

Thx for the link!
Will try to learn from it
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the first photo, it's just sad that the camera phone can't take better picture in dark places like that. It causes grain like in that photo ...
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the second photo the best and the first one is interesting. You should check out rule of third.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

What camera phone are u using?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Of the three my favourite is easily the first. Even with the grain created from the darkness in the room i still like this alot. It's got good composition as well as nice shadows created from the flash.

Normally i'd comment on the framing being cut a bit short when somebody hasn't taken everything in the shot like in your case the girl on the right has a bit of her elbow missing. You have actually done the best you could and rather than photograph the guy on the left complete or the girl on the right you've decided to crop them both. It's not your fault for the camera being like that, so you did good in this photo.

As a set it's nothing spectacular, but certainly of the three i really like the first one. The second and third (in particular) are not really doing anything for me. The second could have been okay if taken a bit differently, but these types of shots don't really do much for me unless there is something interesting to look at that i'm not seeing in it at the mo.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the second one as well. Great use of geometric shapes and positioning of the lines.
  • Yoshiaki

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
I like the second photo the best and the first one is interesting. You should check out rule of third.

Oh! I read through but still not quite get it... Will try to slowly figure it out, thx for the link!

George L. wrote:
What camera phone are u using?

For the first photo, i used my friend's phone, sony ericsson K810i... The other 2 photos are used by my phone, sony ericsson K750i

And thx for all ur advice!
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel quite embarrassed that with h/p like yours, you can take nice pics, even nicer than mine, some.

Good job.
  • Yoshiaki

Post 3+ Months Ago

^ Oh, i seen some of your photos actually, it's quite nice to me... especially for the woman one (the one with the jap titles)

And i just happen to like taking human photos instead of landscape, and coincidentally my friends all likes to take photos (and some even imagine themselves as a model, lol), so i am just being lucky to take those pictures ^.^
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yoshiaki wrote:
^ Oh, i seen some of your photos actually, it's quite nice to me... especially for the woman one (the one with the jap titles)

And i just happen to like taking human photos instead of landscape, and coincidentally my friends all likes to take photos (and some even imagine themselves as a model, lol), so i am just being lucky to take those pictures ^.^

Wow, How nice. Let me know when is your next photography session, I would like to join. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts