Yella.Begonia

• suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do people who take photographs tackle the color yellow?

Its driving me barmy look:

I have it slightly better with help but its far from what I want as image.

http://www.jungaling.com/flowers/yellowbegonias1a.jpg

Its an Olympus D - 380 digital camera.

http://pcworld.about.com/news/Jun202002id102104.htm
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Judging by the review you should firstly disable the digital zoom, and try enabling macro mode. Yellows are a tricky colour, and the optics in your camera aren't exactly top-notch - the absence of an optical zoom generally means there aren't that many elements comprised in the lens.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hya,

I just went out to take another shot, I have been doing this and then delete seems like for weeks now. I think I am slowly and I do mean *slowly getting there. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wht do you think of this one Neksus:

I know its not near enough and lighting can be improved I just wanted to know how different settings work so I took off the lighting for this shot.Yes, yellow is a no brainer lol I am fine with other colours in the garden but yellow and orange are so hard work.

Thanks guess keep reading the manual which is very little to go on.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you using a manual control over aperture and shutter speed? Or, is this an automatic kind of point and shoot thing? The yellows are getting terribly over exposed.

I'm not familiar with your camera.

//Did you use a flash on the first one?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
//Did you use a flash on the first one?

That was about to be my first question. Can't do that that close with any light color like yellow or white.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The second one is alot better - I think the camera is overcompensating for exposure settings and blowing the highlights out - the second picture has alot more darks to offset the cameras auto settings.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The second photo i like, but not because of the flowers. Generally the composition is really good.

I did laugh a bit when i read the first words of the camera link. "$199 is a great price for 2-megapixel camera"...they're joking, right?
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Halfway through the message I thought I would look at all you people had said instead of using the scroll bar I clicked 'expand view' option and lost the post.. :(

Anyway, Its open camera and use the up and down arrows to take respectable images that are yellow, or so it would seem.

Above image is quality modes.

Above image is what drive does which has drive top, mode menu right, function at the bottom, left arrow is the size of image changer.

Here is the new image taken this morning before breakfast lol and it *is much better so using the arrow keys does some good.

Thanks all of you!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You won't hear me say this often, because 99% of the time it's not the camera, it's the operator, but in this case, I think your problem is your camera. Given the specs I'm guessing the camera is 7-8 years old. Even the pro digital stuff from that time period wasn't that great, but at least with pro you had the advantage of great lenses.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm...as you say a fairly old camera ishii,

I have been thinking on the lines of maybe a Christmas present from me to me..hahaahah I usually treat myself to a gift at that time of year.

So the image above which I must say I was fortunate to get like that is not going to be a regular occurance with this camera anyway? I mean, its took something like 50 shots and fifty deletes to get to the image above so something needs to be done.

Can you rec a good Olympus new camera? I have had this camera for about five years.

Thanks
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a particular attachment to olympus? I recommend buying Canon if you're looking for a good point and shoot. I just had a friend buy this camera and she's had quite good results taking pictures of flowers-

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-cameras ... 26173.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts