Access form

• PopNFresh
  • Born
  • Born
  • PopNFresh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to make a hyperlink that will open an access form/query directly. All i can seem to do is open the whole database.
Any help would be appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

What version of access?

Newer versions let you export webpage version of your form. I includes all the ASP stuff you need already. I won't vouch for the efficiency of the code though...

Otherwise, you'll have to create a webpage to do the updates. You can't open an Access file on the web directly.

.c
  • PopNFresh
  • Born
  • Born
  • PopNFresh

Post 3+ Months Ago

its access 97 :(

i've looked in to the exporting as html and that does look good. The only thing is i don't know if it updates automatically when the database is updated
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, probably not. Not unless it exports as ASP and includes all the data integration stuff. I doubt 97 has that, although it might. I recall Office 97 wasn't really that great, I mean, Outlook 97's email wasn't even HTML enabled (which is why MS releases Outlook 98 a year later...).

You might end up having to build your own ASP page. It's really not that hard, there are plenty of tutorials out there about it. Check out http://www.w3schools.com/

.c
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

PopNFresh...bottom line you need ASP...ASP is Microsofts answer to compatability between the internet and database's. Well PopN how much VBscript ya know...b/c that's what it takes to make ASP work in your favor
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can use JavaScript too, but it mean relearning a few things JS-wise. I prefer VBScript personally. There's also a PerScript parser too.. talk about mutant bastardization.. hehe, in the OS wars, whoever created that should be charges with a war crime =]

.c
  • PopNFresh
  • Born
  • Born
  • PopNFresh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers guys - shame it can't do what i wanted to but i'll look in to ASP. I know a little VB so hopefully i can probably work my way through

Thanks a lot

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts