Adobe BrowserLab - try your site on various browsers/OS's

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the past, I've seen tools similar to this come and go, but Adobe has given their new Browserlab tool their own special touch. I was somewhat impressed with the general description they gave, so I decided to play with the tool for a bit and see how it performed. The good news - the tool can be integrated into Dreamweaver CS4. The representations seem dead-on with what I had to compare to. The graphical layout is impressive, and as always, the reliability and speed of the service is on par with the rest of the Adobe site. The drawbacks - you have to have an Adobe account to access the tool online. Also, as of right now, the tool is limited to Firefox 2.X and 3.X (Windows XP and Mac OS X), Internet Explorer 6.X and 7.X (Windows XP), & Safari 3.X (Mac OS X). Hopefully, Adobe plans to extend this to include IE8, Opera, and some unix-based OS's very soon. If they can't integrate more platforms, then I'm sure this tool will go nowhere fast.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/browserlab/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

This looks pretty cool, but I have the same issue here as with every other screenshot based browser test. Unfortunately an image just doesn't tell me everything I need to know to properly develop an interface. It says nothing about loading times, hover actions, interactivity provided by jQuery, etc and those things exist regardless of how correct something my look.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with gb, the only way to know how your site is really working is to see the actual site in the different browsers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts