ASP....... anyone?

• Steffo
  • Born
  • Born
  • Steffo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am new here and looking for some help. I am a student working on a degree in Visual Communications and I am taking an online class based on ASP.NET. I am having some formatting problems that I can't seem to get worked out.

I created a database in MS Access and I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004 to edit. The only problem I am having now is that when I view my web page in my browser I see that the time and the prices look funny. Is there any way that I can just display the date and not have a time under it?

Also, how do I go about changing the "Price" field so it will be displayed with a money symbol and with only 2 decimal places?

Here is the link so you can view the page: http://matc.studentsites.net/schweizer/ ... store.aspx

Like I said I am a beginner. I have NO experience with ASP what so ever so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure about the Money, but for the date change your properties in Access for date to Short Date. Your problem isn't relative to ASP, it's relative to your Access database properties. If you play with your money properties in the database you'll fix that too Currently it looks like you are using the Access defaults
  • Tannu4u
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

U can use the link below it will definately help u solve ur problem

[fade]http://www.learnasp.com/learn/datetime.asp[/fade] :lol:
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea Steffo:
Atno was right. Your ASP page is not what formats the data that your page is displaying. It is already formated in Access like Atno said. So, change the characteristics of your Access database, and you should be ship-shape!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts