Bigwebmaster Guestbook script help (this one is perplexing)

• Pazuzu
  • Born
  • Born
  • Pazuzu

Post 3+ Months Ago

My web host is Earthlink. I've been trying to get the bigwebmaster guestbook to work. I can log into the admin.cgi but I can never seem to open to addguest.cgi or viewguest.cgi. Everytime I try I get HTTP 500. I DO have all the permissions set correctly (I've even tried setting them both through WS_FTP and the Earthlink Control Panel). I also have listed the proper Perl path which is (for Earthlink) usr/local/bin/perl. I've also tried it with the "/" before "usr" as well and still no go. And yes, they were uploaded in ASCII. Now, here's where it gets weird. I've downloaded and tried several simple CGI guestbook scripts and EVERY single one does not work. I always get HTTP 500 Internal Error. Shutting off "Show Friendly Http Error Messages" in IE doesn't reveal any additional info. I can't for the life of me figure out why the admin.cgi works but nothing else does. Does anyone have any insight on this? If more information is needed please ask away. I really want to get this to work and it's getting frustrating. Thanks.

Pazuzu.
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should probably look in your server's error logs, there will most likely be something in there as to why the scripts died. If you still can't figure out what causing the errors, post the error message that's showing up in the logs (ie: Premature End Of Script Headers, or script not found or unable to stat, or Cannot find $whatever in @INC, @INC includes yadda yadda yadda).

I haven't used Earthlink since they were Mindspring, but if you can't find your error log, just email them and they'll at least send you a copy (just keep track of the time when you last hit your script and look it up in the log). I'm pretty sure you have access to it though from your control panel - most hosts have that anyway.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it get's to be too perplexing, there is always the option for paid support as well:

Quote:
INSTALLATION HELP

Read this section thoroughly!

If you are having problems installing the script you can visit

http://www.ozzu.com/

and possibly find the help you need for free. This webmaster community allows you to post questions and find answers. If you would rather get your support from us we offer paid support. For paid support you will need to purchase the guestbook script.

DO NOT CONTACT US UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR OUR SUPPORT! WE WILL NOT HELP YOU UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED. WE CHARGE A ONE TIME FEE OF $25.00 USD FOR INSTALLATION HELP. THIS FEE MUST BE PREPAID.

If you contact us and ask questions with regards to installation of this guestbook script, we will respond by copying and pasting this installation help section. We do not have the time for free support by email. Sorry.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts