Bigwebmaster guestbook

• pcba
  • Born
  • Born
  • pcba

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have downloaded and installed the guest book designed by bigwebmaster, (Excellent program by the way) and I have run into a problem with the addguest.cgi file.
The viewguest.cgi and admin.cgi work fine so it is not a problem with the server, I also enabled and disabled the security code and still no joy. I rechecked all the folder and file permissions and they are as per the documentation.
I have searched all the forums and only came across the reference to the security code. Has anyone else had a similar problem or be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pcba
  • Born
  • Born
  • pcba

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hellooooo is anyone there!!!
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi pcba. While I'm not too familiar with BWM's guestbook script myself, I've notified him about your question and I'm confident he'll come along as soon as he gets a chance (as he always does). It's the weekend and he's been moving recently, but I promise if you're patient, he'll show up. ;)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi pcba. If I am understanding correctly it sounds like everything is working except for the captcha security code. If that is the case you need to make sure that on your server ImageMagick is installed. If you are on a virtual host you may need to contact your webhost and make sure that they have it installed, or ask them nicely to install it. Without it, it will not work.
  • pcba
  • Born
  • Born
  • pcba

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply, the captcha security code appears to work fine. There appears to be a problem with the addguest.cgi,I have loaded the html code into an iframe pointing to viewguest.cgi using dreamweaver cs3 and when you view the guestbook page everything looks normal but when you click on sign guestbook it returns the following message

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I only have a basic knowledge of this type of coding and if the problem is too complex to look at and takes up too much valuable time then I am quite prepared to pay for you to have a look and see if this can be fixed because the page design fits in well with my site.

Cheers
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did it used to work correctly for you? Do you know how to access your server log so that you can show the exact error message you are getting? If so please paste the exact error you are getting. The above message you posted is just telling you tha there was a problem and that the exact error iks in your server error log.
  • pcba
  • Born
  • Born
  • pcba

Post 3+ Months Ago

It has never worked, I installed it as per the installation instructions and when you go to the guestbook page on my website everything displays normally, but when you click on the sign guestbook link it throws back the internal server error.

I can access my website on the hosting server via FTP and I searched for the error logs and cannot find them, could you kindly point me in the right direction to find them please. By the way my webhost uses Apache so everything should work fine.

PS. Would you like me to PM my web address to you so you can see first hand what it is doing.

Cheers
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry for the long delay in responding, you probably already moved on by now.

You will need to ask your webhost where your error logs are as there is no way I can tell you what is wrong otherwise. "Internal Server Error" just tells me that there is something wrong, it does not tell me anything else. Please have your webhost help you find the error logs or to provide them to you and then once you find out the exact error message that is how I could help you diagnose the problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts