bigwebmaster guestbook

• astrid+
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • astrid+

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

I just joined *waves* I've been working on a personal site, and I'm trying to successfully install the bigwebmaster guestbook script, but I'm encountering many problems. First, every time I try uploading the .htaccess file, it does not work. Second, I keep getting 500 internal server errors, even though I uploaded everything in ASCII mode and changed all the permissions accordingly.

I have no idea what to do.. I'm kind of a script noob. If you could offer me some insight, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

What operating system is your server? What are you using for the web server? Does your webhost allow you to run CGI scripts?
  • astrid+
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • astrid+

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's x10 hosting. Yes, my webhost does allow me to run CGI scripts--as a matter of fact, I already installed one (which you can view at http://madpwnage.x10hosting.com/cgi-bin ... stbook.cgi). I'm not satisfied with that one, though, which is why I'm trying to install your script.

I'm not sure what my server's operating system is, though.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are using an FTP client to upload your files, try using the cPanel file manager to upload the .htaccess file. I can't upload .htaccess through a variety of ftp clients for some reason and always have to use cPanel to do it.
  • astrid+
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • astrid+

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did use cPanel.

Perhaps I need to unzip the script first? I dragged all the files to a regular folder and then uploaded them.. perhaps that alone won't suffice?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts