BROWSER INCONSISTANCY

• hrfassoc
  • hrfassoc

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using a DHTML window widget ( wwwDOTdynamicdriveDOTcom/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/indexDOThtm) with LeanBack Player in the iframe (wwwDOTleanbackplayerDOTcom/player_documentationDOThtml )

Every latest browser I try seems to give me a different result. Chrome doesn't allow me to close the window but the player works great. In Firefox, the player just freezes but the window will close. In IE, the player doesn't appear. In Opera, the player gets stuck. Safari behaves like Chrome, the audio player works great but you can't close the window. In all browsers, you can't play the player twice in a row without refreshing the screen. Can anybody help me out here ? The test site is wwwDOTuniversalfatherDOTinfo/Test DocDOThtm or wwwDOTuniversalfatherDOTinfo/Test%20DocDOThtm#. Any help would be welcome and appreciated. The Zip file of all relevant files can be downloaded at the site for your inspection. I'm working on this site, without pay, in my spare time, tearing my hair out, hoping God will reward me in heaven and give me my hair back.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

just checked the page. Using chrome everything seems to work fine. I am able to play the audio, wait until it's finished, play it again, skip around in the audio, close the player modal window, and click the pullout-menu to bring the player back. I don't see an issue.
  • hrfassoc
  • hrfassoc

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's weird. When I use chrome, when I click on the window close x it doesn't close and moves down every time I try. I'm using v.17.0.963.83 m
  • hrfassoc
  • hrfassoc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just tried w/v.18.0.1025.142 m

Still unable to close window.
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

Using Firefox on Fedora it opens and closes, but doesn't play. Also, once I've closed it, it doesn't reopen. In my version of Chrome, I get no audio and can't reopen the player once I've closed it, but at least the functions appear to work on the player.

Since Firefox strictly complies to standards, I would attempt to make it work perfectly the way you want for that. Once you've done that, it'll probably work right in every other browser and the things that don't won't be so frustrating to try to figure out.
  • hrfassoc
  • hrfassoc

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts