Can't establish MySQL database connection after PHP upgrade

• Burnsie
  • Born
  • Born
  • Burnsie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all
I have just upgraded PHP from 5.2 to 5.3 on my local machine, which is running XP Pro, IIS 5.1 and MySQL 5.something. This took me four days (honest) but does now work.
However, this has thrown up another problem, which I just can’t resolve despite another three days of trying!
I have a site that utilizes a small but nice PHP gallery called Plogger. This worked fine until I did the PHP upgrade. Now I find that I can not log on to the gallery. When I try to using the exact same login details that used to work I get these error messages at the same time:

•Cannot connect to MySQL with the information provided. MySQL error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
•Cannot find the database MyDatabase. MySQL error: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO).

So I spent the last three days trying without success to establish a connection. I must have looked at every page out there in web land that even mentions these error messages but alas to no avail! I just can’t login.

I have built the site using Dreamwaver so I can view all the files and can even connect to the database via Dreamweaver!

As I have spent a week trying to perform something that should probably take less than an hour you can not imagine how grateful I would be for any help that you can give me.

As always cheers in advance
Burnsie
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

what does your mysql_connect() function look like?
  • Burnsie
  • Born
  • Born
  • Burnsie

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
I have now gotten this to work all by my little old self.
i had two config files (why i don't know) and was editing the wrong one oops. However, how the info was altered by installing a newer version of PHP shall remain a mystery!!

cheersie
Burnsie

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts