Click to Call Service from my Webpage

• devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are toying with the idea of putting a click to call link on our site. It's not the click to call already offered on smartphones which allow you to click the search result and calls the number. What we are talking about is a web form. The form accepts the persons phone number and when they click submit after inputting their telephone number they will receive a phone call on that number which simultaneously connects them to our operator. There are several paid for 3rd party services that accomplish this and I'm thinking do we really need to pay for essentially a three way call. I found a guy that wrote a php script that worked with his own Asterisk server, but I'm thinking why can't I just use a service like Google Voice to handle the call or some other free ip telephony service that would probably be more accessible and have more up-time than my Asterisk server. Any ideas or any PHP-API that I can look into?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looked around a bit for you and found this thread:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/v ... 3a5d&hl=en

Quote:
I have created a pretty nifty, fully fledged, python module for the google voice API. Currently you can place calls, send sms, download voicemail/recorded calls, and check the various folders of your Google Voice Accounts. You can use the Python API or command line script to schedule calls, check for new recieved calls/sms, or even sync your recorded voicemails/calls. Works for Python 2 and 3. Project available at http://github.com/justquick/python-googlevoice/

That is in Python however, but it might be possible for you to port to PHP. Here is the current location:

http://code.google.com/p/pygooglevoice/

Quote:
Google Voice for Python

This project aims to bring the power of the Google Voice API to the Python language in a simple, easy-to-use manner. Currently it allows you to place calls, send sms, download voicemails/recorded messages, and search the various folders of your Google Voice Accounts. You can use the Python API or command line script to schedule calls, check for new received calls/sms, or even sync your recorded voicemails/calls. Works for Python 2 and Python 3

I also just found this one:

https://github.com/aaronpk/Google-Voice-PHP-API

That one says it is a Google Voice PHP API, maybe what you are looking for:

Quote:
Google Voice PHP API

An API to interact with Google Voice using PHP.

Currently the API can place calls, send and receive SMS messages, and download transcriptions of voicemail.

Feel free to implement new functionality and send me your changes so I can incorporate them into this library!

Note: Receiving SMSs and voicemails is mostly unnecessary via this API since Google now allows SMSs to be forwarded to an email address. It is a better idea to parse those incoming emails with a script.

Let me know how it goes, that would be awesome if you could achieve this through Google's free service.
  • devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you. I think I'm going to have to do this on the side cause I don't know if the google voice service agreement allows for commercial use. Without looking more into that I couldn't do it for my company as we are by-the-rules crazy here.

I've been working some with python cause so much of google uses it so I figured I needed to start working with it some. Of course, I feel more comfortable with PHP so I'm going to check it out first. It looks real promising. We have a long holiday and I think this would be a cool project for me while sitting around the christmas tree drinking eggnog.

Thanks for those findings. My searches kept giving crazy results.
  • Jayka
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jayka

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try Callision Click-to-Call, it is the best solution out there.
They have both traditional C2C (using phone) and web click to call (using microphone and headset).

The site is [www] callision [dot] com
  • devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. Callision looks promising.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts