Clickbank's Rules for Newbies and Affiliate Links

• Genevieve11

Post 3+ Months Ago

I posted a topic in this forum asking anyone who knows how to cloak affiliate links using PHP, because this remains a problem for many newbies. I'm trying to find the answer to my question from other sources as well. However, and in the meantime...

Clickbank has a set of rules regarding hoplinks or affiliate links for newbies and, of course, everyone else who is in the business of marketing with Clickbank. I believe these informative Rules should be shared with everyone here.

Quote:
• Don’t mask or store your HopLink in a frame. For your HopLinks to be properly tracked, they must not be stored in a frame. If your domain is masked, your HopLink will be stored in this manner, and therefore will be unreliable.

• Don’t promote the “resolved” form of a HopLink. An example of this would be http://www.examplesite.com/?hop=yournickname. Instead, you must use the HopLink format ending in hop.clickbank.net so the Hop can be tracked correctly, ensuring you receive affiliate credit on the sale.

More specific advice can be found in Clickbank's Help Center article "Affiliate Dos and Don’ts."

Genevieve11
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a ton of results one easy google search away. Have you looked at these? IMHO, you're spinning your wheels with Clickbank. An affiliate program that won't allow you to deep link to the target isn't very helpful. If I'm perusing your site and decide I want to try out an affiliate's software, I've already navigated through your page. I don't want to have to guess where they're keeping it after you land me on their home page. That being said, it's on the off-chance that I decide I want to try one of their typically awful products. The type of visitor that I prefer to be associated with knows get-rich-quick schemes when they see them (thankfully) and usually avoid both the affiliate & the origination site (guilty by association).
  • Genevieve11

Post 3+ Months Ago

Allow me then please, to ask you a question:

UPSGuy wrote:
That being said, it's on the off-chance that I decide I want to try one of their typically awful products. The type of visitor that I prefer to be associated with knows get-rich-quick schemes when they see them (thankfully) and usually avoid both the affiliate & the origination site (guilty by association).

If you saw a link which reads "http:wwwexampleproductcom/affiliatenickname/?hop/cbnet" or something similar, would you click on it to see what the affiliate has to offer? Or, would you just click on the URL link itself, i.e. "http:wwwexampleproductcom"?

Genevieve11
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is 'None of the above' an option? Sounds facetious, but I'm sure I'm not the only one avoiding affiliate links altogether on most sites.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts