Could Bing prove reliable enough to challenge Google?

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bing, Microsoft's new 'evolved' live search, has drawn some attention following its recent release. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that Google's the one and only that I count on to carry me through a typical day, but in all fairness, Bing does appear to be an improvement over Live. 'Switch on the Code' recently posted an review by a programmer who swapped his default search over to Bing for a day, and surprisingly, he's somewhat supportive of the new search as a tool for developers.

Quote:
...if you're a developer that hasn't given Bing a spin, it wouldn't hurt checking it out. As for this programmer, it'll stay my default search engine until something inevitably leads me back to Google.

Have a glance over here for more.

Bing appears to have its ups and its downs. Has anyone here given it a shot? First impressions? Thoughts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting. Just did a search on Bing and Google for my two primary keywords: boasting rights.

1st result for my forum on both. Every other result on the first page is different.
Google - 1,010,000 results.
Bing - 2,130,000 results
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bing has the feature to "guess". With that it shows additional sites that are indirectly relevant to your query. That's why it has more results than Google.
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just tried it a couple of days back and I'm yet to see what's different about it - it's just Live Search with a new name and that fancy landscape in the background.
  • Wallace
  • Born
  • Born
  • Wallace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Surely bing will make a place in SE market within very short span of time. It is so effectful to use.
  • erochelle
  • Born
  • Born
  • erochelle

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried Bing on its third day in the cyberworld. So far, Bing is doing pretty well. I also like its layout.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts