Creating a pre-loading page. Looked everywhere, but no luck!

• HHawk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have created a party event website. Which displays a lot of dates of events. As you might understand when people click on the link (which redirects to events.php) it takes some time to load. So people might think it's not working.

Therefor I want some kind of loading image displayed, while the page is being loaded.
Anybody has an idea how to pull this of? I don't know how. I already searched with Google, but the only loading-stuff I could find was with DIV's and those didn't work for me... :(

My wish:
People come to my website. They click on "events" and a loading.gif pops up and and makes the background darker. After the page has completely loaded the loading image disappears and the website shows.

Here is the website: danceevents . nl
(website is in Dutch)

Click on "Evenementen" and you can see that it takes a long time to load... Therefor I want some kind of Loading-page showing.

Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the loading.gif does not have to show progress (eg, 20%, 50%, 100%) then just add a <div> with it's css trait "visibility" set "hidden". Then use onclick in the link tag to set that div's visibility to "visible".

If the loading thing is suppose to indicate progress you need to use ajax.

I know you said something like "divs don't work for me" but either you are going to use HTML, or you are not. In the later case, good luck with your web page!
  • HHawk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks...

Anyone else with workable ideas? Of perhaps an example of some kind?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Care to share some code that didn't work for you? Perhaps we could help you figure out why.
  • HHawk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I speed up the website by using flush() every 10 items. Seems to be a lot quicker now. Thank god.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

HHawk wrote:
Thanks...

Anyone else with workable ideas? Of perhaps an example of some kind?

It honestly could not be easier that what I suggested. If you cannot manage that, there is no point in trying anything else.
  • HHawk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

HHawk wrote:
Well I speed up the website by using flush() every 10 items. Seems to be a lot quicker now. Thank god.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts