CRON JOB

• buzzby_247
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • buzzby_247

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there.

can someone give me a great place to find cron job tutorials? i am brand new to this and need to get my head around it. i am comning from a front end developer area with cron jobs never being on my to do list at all.

i n eed to know how to set a cron job to download a file from the server and place it either in an email or in a directory. i am not sure which is the best method. i am searching the net as we speak to find info but anything that would speed up the process to getting to the best information would be great

cheers in advance for your help.
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check this:
Cron Tutorials

There are at least 2 or 3 very thorough looking ones there.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
i n eed to know how to set a cron job to download a file from the server and place it either in an email or in a directory. i am not sure which is the best method. i am searching the net as we speak to find info but anything that would speed up the process to getting to the best information would be great

I'd say for a direct approach, you could look into writing a perl script which could use a few mods to do all your heavy lifting and then you could just schedule calls to the script.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts