Customized CMS

• wiggywag
  • wiggywag

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi!

I've been trying to find a good cms solution for my clients. I'm not looking for a full cms but one which is limited to some distinct areas I define in the webpages. I would like a system based upon php and mysql, where I can put some areas in the webpages I define. The user should be able to edit text and picture through a very simple backend, whith a list over the editable regions they can click on. The edit window should have a possibility to upload pictures and do some text formatting.

I know Macromedia have a program called contribute where I can define certain areas as editable, but it is dependent on the software being installed on the local machine, and it cost money.

I been looking in a jungle for a long time, so if someone have a script that can do this or know a link that does this I am grateful!

Have a nice day!
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you can look into sourceforge.net database for CMS solutions. Although, nothing is too simple in CMSs. Usually you have simple but poor, or powerfull but complex.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

PostNuke's good, and fairly simple (at least for the end-user). Actually setting it up, and modifying it to look unique (and not just like every other PostNuke site) takes quite a bit of work, but less work than in many other CMS applications.

I've been using PostNuke for a few years now and absolutely love it. I'm in the process of setting up two new sites right now that will be using PostNuke to drive the site.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would also suggest you have a look at http://www.mamboserver.com

im just getting into cms's, have been playing with quite a few and i have found mambo to be very easy to use.

but in the end it really depends what you want to do with the site, you have to pick a cms best suited to what your needs are as all the cms's have different strengths and features.

like leo said sourceforge is a great start.

i have also recently come across this site http://www.cmsdirectory.com/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts