Disable autoplay on SWF file?

• chibuki
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • chibuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I want to have a 1 minute and a half video demo in my site (precisely in the left nav bar on the left) which will present in almost every page of the site. The original video has a dimension of 1024 x 768, and it will be resized to 215 x 161 to fit in the nav bar. I chose flash to be the output result just because my site already have an SWF banner so I don't have to worry about compatibility.

So I inserted the SWF using Dreamweaver and it returns this code:
Code: [ Select ]
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="216" height="162" id="FlashID" title="SuperDeposition Demo">
       <param name="movie" value="../media/superdep_demo.swf" />
       <param name="quality" value="high" />
       <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
       <param name="swfversion" value="6.0.65.0" />
       <!-- This param tag prompts users with Flash Player 6.0 r65 and higher to download the latest version of Flash Player. Delete it if you don’t want users to see the prompt. -->
       <param name="expressinstall" value="../Scripts/expressInstall.swf" />
       <!-- Next object tag is for non-IE browsers. So hide it from IE using IECC. -->
       <!--[if !IE]>-->
       <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="../media/superdep_demo.swf" width="216" height="162">
        <!--<![endif]-->
        <param name="quality" value="high" />
        <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
        <param name="swfversion" value="6.0.65.0" />
        <param name="expressinstall" value="../Scripts/expressInstall.swf" />
        <!-- The browser displays the following alternative content for users with Flash Player 6.0 and older. -->
        <div>
         <h4>Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.</h4>
        </div>
        <!--[if !IE]>-->
       </object>
       <!--<![endif]-->
 </object>
 <p>Click on the video to watch a demo of our SuperDepositions™.</p>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
swfobject.registerObject("FlashID");
//-->
</script>
  1. <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="216" height="162" id="FlashID" title="SuperDeposition Demo">
  2.        <param name="movie" value="../media/superdep_demo.swf" />
  3.        <param name="quality" value="high" />
  4.        <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
  5.        <param name="swfversion" value="6.0.65.0" />
  6.        <!-- This param tag prompts users with Flash Player 6.0 r65 and higher to download the latest version of Flash Player. Delete it if you don’t want users to see the prompt. -->
  7.        <param name="expressinstall" value="../Scripts/expressInstall.swf" />
  8.        <!-- Next object tag is for non-IE browsers. So hide it from IE using IECC. -->
  9.        <!--[if !IE]>-->
  10.        <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="../media/superdep_demo.swf" width="216" height="162">
  11.         <!--<![endif]-->
  12.         <param name="quality" value="high" />
  13.         <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
  14.         <param name="swfversion" value="6.0.65.0" />
  15.         <param name="expressinstall" value="../Scripts/expressInstall.swf" />
  16.         <!-- The browser displays the following alternative content for users with Flash Player 6.0 and older. -->
  17.         <div>
  18.          <h4>Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.</h4>
  19.         </div>
  20.         <!--[if !IE]>-->
  21.        </object>
  22.        <!--<![endif]-->
  23.  </object>
  24.  <p>Click on the video to watch a demo of our SuperDepositions™.</p>
  25. </div>
  26. <script type="text/javascript">
  27. <!--
  28. swfobject.registerObject("FlashID");
  29. //-->
  30. </script>

The problem is, the SWF video clip automatically plays every time someone visit the page and that would be bad. Is there a way to have it so that it won't play until visitors click it? Something like "Click to Play" perhaps.

Obviously, this video demo wasn't made in Flash - it was a MOV file converted using another software - so I only have the SWF file and can't add ActionScript. Is there a way to have the movie not load automatically using Javascript? Or is there a better way to do this? It doesn't have to be SWF to begin with, but visitors (mainly PC users) must be able to view it without using additional plug-ins (except Flash).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i am write Then U can use this HTML Code

Code: [ Select ]