Displaying Page upon finish loading elements

• Ronstar
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ronstar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone, i'm new around here, pleased to meet all you gurus out here :o , i just started out designing websites and would like some help if possible.

Currently i have my website almost complete but i don't like the way the page is being loaded, such as some pictures show first and some show later, so i was wondering if there's a way i could force the browser to display the items one by one through some kind of order, or perhaps only display the webpage when all the elements has been received successfully, has anyone able to do this before?

Thanks for the help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the best way would probably be to use a JavaScript preloader to load all the images, then display the page. But, if you've got a lot of graphics on your pages, this can take a while to make your page display (it's often better to just let them see it loading, rather than to not let them see anything until it's all downloaded).
  • Ronstar
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ronstar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you tell me the name of such javascript code so i can go search for it?
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can search Google for something like javascript preload images to find many different variations of preloading scripts. There is also a script generator here:

http://www.searchbliss.com/webmaster_to ... erator.htm

It generates a preloading script for you that appears to be identical to the one used by Dreamweaver. You just type in the filenames of your images and then cut and paste the code as directed.

There is also an example of a slightly different preloading script posted by ATNO/TW over in the Web Design forum in this thread:

http://www.ozzu.com/website-design-forum/images-thumbs-and-rollovers-t20641.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts