2 domains 1 log-in

• tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI all

I am new to PHP-Nuke but there is something I would like to do and am not quite sure how to do it or how to proceed. I realize PHP and PHP-Nuke are not the same but very similar....so that is why I am asking here.

I am running 2 domain names one for the website (nuke) and one for a forum (PHPBB2)
Now is there any way I that can have a user log onto the nuke site then if they wish to go to the forum they go through nuke to the other domain which the forum is hosted on and not have to log in again ?

I would rather not move the forum off its domain name as its been running for 3 yrs and is very large as you can imagain.

Advance thanks to any replies.

tyght
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say if you use the same database for the usernames/passwords/profiles then you should have no problem with it.

Quote:
I realize PHP and PHP-Nuke are not the same but very similar....so that is why I am asking here.

That isn't true, becasue PHP-Nuke is just a program written in PHP similar to phpBB. It still uses the same scripts/functions as PHP.

Good Luck.
  • tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the info....but how in script would I start to connect the 2 DB's?

tyght

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts