Download button

• midisyl
  • Born
  • Born
  • midisyl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone.

I am a musician and I built my website with Jommla!cms. I tried in that community to get answers, and now I am trying here. I need a simple download button to use on my pages

I have a prophetic music site, where people can hear and download what they hear. :D Right now I have all my files twice, because I can't have the player download button to work in the articles pages where each player are. I had to install another component to take care of the downloading part, but it needed his own files folder. I tried every Joomla! cms component or plugin available to put a simple download button in my articles, that as soon as you would hit it, would just ask where to save the file, and save it there. :? Those limitations are because of the cms, but without it I wouldn't have a site, as I am a newbee in coding :oops:

So, what I need is just a little coding to put a simple download button beside my player, who would be an animated gif witch once you click on it, the save or open dialog box appears. (excuse my approximative english :? )

Here's a link to one of those pages :
http://rivieredevent.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111:seigneur-qui-ne-craindrais-ta-puissance&catid=41:e36a42&Itemid=150

Actually, the downloading part is done by this component, when clicking on the phrase : ( Pour télécharger cliquez ici ) , just above right of the player. Would probably need php, but certainly the help of you folks.

Can someone kindly help me please ?

Thanks a lot

midisyl
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you do a search on ozzu for something like
Mp3 download button
you will see a post I made on how to do what you ask.
Can't say if it works with joomla though
Hope that helps!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts