drop down menus aren't visible

• opus
  • Born
  • Born
  • opus
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm relatively new to java script and got a drop down menu code (HV menu) from Dynamicdrive.com. It was relatively straighforward to use (though a lengthy process).

I created it on the Mac using Adobe GoLive. It works fine on mac browsers but doesn't show up on PC's using Explorer or Netscape (works in Mozilla). Does anyone have any idea how I can get it working?

You can see it at
http://www.keneskysports.com/opusimages

The menu is on the left side of the page below my logo - or at least it is supposed to be there.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

In the body tag of your default.html you have parent.frames['navframe.html'] twice inside the onload handler. It should be parent.frames['navigate'] which is the name you gave the frame rather than the filename. It also appears that there is a space missing just before the onload handler (after bgcolor). I'm not entirely sure that's what's causing the problem, but Mozilla's javascript console did flag the navframe.html as an error.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is extremely odd, but I downloaded the menu script and started playing around with it and made a weird discovery. Whenever I name the navigation frame "navigate" as you did, the script chokes in IE and throws an error. If I name it "navig" or "navigation" it works fine. I looked through the script and didn't find any reason why this should be so, but it kept happening.

If you're still getting an error after making the change I suggested before, try changing the name of the frame to "navig" in the fameset document. Then in the default.html doc make the same change as before, substituting "navig" for navigate, and in exmplmenu_var.js change FirstLineFrame and SecLineFrame to = 'navig' as well.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts