Email Form

• treskate
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • treskate
  • Loc: h-tizzile

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, and yes I'm new. I just want to know a code how to make a email form where if someone want to contact me me they would just fill something out like this. http://www.smoke3k.net/index2.php?tm=contacts&go=things

I have a cheap little website and thought this would be a nice feature. I have looked around but can't find anything. Is there some code or something to make this form? Any help is needed. :shock:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use your browsers "view source" function to see the code the designer has used for the page you linked to above. The part of his code that you need is the
Code: [ Select ]
<form>all the code in here</form>
Everything b/t the two form tags. Any more questions after that...holler back
  • fional24
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • fional24
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

creating your form is going to be the easy part.

The example you have shown has been created in php. This is fine if you already know php or are able to learn it quicky.

If not, you could create a form in html and use a cgi script to have the results mailed to you.

If this is the route you want to take, speak to your webhost, they may have pre written scripts you can use for free.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is the emailer I currently use:

http://www.scriptsearch.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=7475

Its called dynaform, and its PHP based. Very simple to use, you customize the php file, and insert some simple code into your email form. Probably the simplest way to do it!! PM me if you need help!
  • Spider1975
  • Spider1975
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

//moved to programming :)
  • treskate
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • treskate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks to all of you. I think I'm gunna try to use the "dynaform".I just downloaded it.I think I will get it.Thanks again...... 8)
  • LeZ_R
  • Born
  • Born
  • LeZ_R

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does dynaform require your server to have cgi or pearl? I am using a free service that does not supply either of these scripts. I need away around this dilemma.... ALL suggestions are appreciated :lol:
  • treskate
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • treskate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I am using geocities.com.(yeah i know,i know)And this "dynaform" does not work for it....... :(
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

DynaForm is PHP based. You need a webhost that is running Apache. Contact your host for information on getting access.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

For Geocities you need to use the form mail script that is provided for you. You can find out more about how to use this by logging in to your Geocities account and clicking on Web Site Add Ons under the Enhance My Web Site heading. From the add ons page click on Email Forms under Communicationis in the left-hand column.

Basically you just need to use this opening form tag:

Code: [ Select ]
<form method="post" action="http://geocities.yahoo.com/forms?login=yourGeocitiesName">

...replacing yourGeocitiesName with whatever screen name you use to log in to Geocities. You can put whatever fields you want before the closing </form> tag, and the results are sent to the alternate email address you have listed in your Yahoo! Account Information. There are a couple of sample forms on the Geocities page that describe how to use it or you can just make your own.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts