email login form

• montana
  • Born
  • Born
  • montana
  • Loc: Lebanon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sir,
I have a form where a user inserts his email address to login to a secure site.
This is the code:
<form name="Login" action="https://id9.securesite.com/cgi-stylemodeling/dispatch.cgi" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="Service" value="Login"><div align="left"><p><input name="EMAIL" style="border:1px solid;" type="text" size="18"> </p>
</div><div align="left"><p><a href="https://id9.securesite.net/cgi-stylemodeling/dispatch.cgi"><input style="width: 42px; background-color: rgb(0,0,0); color: rgb(0,255,0); float: none; border: thin ridge rgb(0,255,0); margin: 3px; padding: 3px" type="submit" value="Login" OnClick="Login.submit();" name="B1"></a></p>
</div>
</form>

The form is working fine but i need to add a code so that the email inserted in the field could be sent to my email address too.
And if possible for the code to be invisible.
I'm using frontpage.

Any Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Tony Montana.
  • MediaDesign
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • Loc: somewhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

just insert an input you'll call it emailback or anyname you want i think that's all you need if i understood
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You would need to edit the dispatch.cgi program and add more code in there so that not only will it do whatever its doing now, but it would email you as well.

Now if that program isn't on your server, but a 3rd parties, then I really am not sure you can do anything, as you would not have access to change that program.

You could always write a another program and then set the action to that program on your server which would send you the email, and then send the rest of the data to that dispatch.cgi program, but that would be pretty complicated if you have no idea how to program.
  • montana
  • Born
  • Born
  • montana
  • Loc: Lebanon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your reply,
I really don't have access to dispatch, it is a third party.
And i'm not that good in programing.
The page is done using frontpage and emailing it before going to the dispatch is a hard job for me.

No way at all to work around it in an easy way?

Thank you again,
Tony.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah nothing I really can think of. Maybe you should find another program to work with (one that notifies you of their email). Either that or simply tell them to email you when they are done filling out that other form.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts