ffmpeg -- Not sure really where to post this issue

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

So as the title stated I'm not sure exactly where I should post this but since It does have to do with PHP I figured this would be a good place.

OK so the last couple of days I've been setting up my development server on my new computer. I'm running windows 7 and I have installed Apache2.4.2 win32 VC9 and PHP 5.4.2 win32 VC9 (Thread Safe) and with that the php5apache2_4.dll. NOT to the default drive C but to my second drive D ... The server functions like it should it starts, runs php and all so I'm off to a great start until I tried to add ffmpeg.

I downloaded the ffmpeg.exe and all add that to my dev drive

The issue starts when I try to add the extension to php

I downloaded the dll files and added them into the ext folder(lack of instruction). Added the
Code: [ Select ]
extension=php_ffmpeg.dll
into the php.ini restarted and well my first attempt = FAIL (not surprised lol).

After digging around I found the correct places to add the files. Added them restarted and what do you know my second attempt = FAIL however not as bad this time. The files versions didn't match my version of php.

SO I did find the correct version of the files and added those to the correct folders and removed all the others I've added Restarted Now my third attempt = WORKING FAILURE :shock: by this I mean I get no errors from PHP when running php -m and I get no errors when I run httpd -t but when do a php_info() the ffmpeg extension is NOT there.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

// Command Line Output
// PHP Output

d:\php>php -m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
com_dotnet
Core
ctype
date
dom
ereg
ffmpeg
filter
ftp
hash
iconv
json
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mhash
mysql
mysqli
mysqlnd
odbc
pcre
PDO
Phar
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
SPL
standard
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]

d:\php>

// Apache Output

d:\Apache24\bin>httpd -t
Syntax OK

d:\Apache24\bin>
  1. // PHP Output
  2. d:\php>php -m
  3. [PHP Modules]
  4. bcmath
  5. bz2
  6. calendar
  7. com_dotnet
  8. Core
  9. ctype
  10. date
  11. dom
  12. ereg
  13. ffmpeg
  14. filter
  15. ftp
  16. hash
  17. iconv
  18. json
  19. libxml
  20. mbstring
  21. mcrypt
  22. mhash
  23. mysql
  24. mysqli
  25. mysqlnd
  26. odbc
  27. pcre
  28. PDO
  29. Phar
  30. Reflection
  31. session
  32. SimpleXML
  33. SPL
  34. standard
  35. tokenizer
  36. wddx
  37. xml
  38. xmlreader
  39. xmlwriter
  40. zip
  41. zlib
  42. [Zend Modules]
  43. d:\php>
  44. // Apache Output
  45. d:\Apache24\bin>httpd -t
  46. Syntax OK
  47. d:\Apache24\bin>
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

just thinking if your using 7 would you need to lower security features like the admin check. Also check the file permissions too to see if read only or not.

just for that extra step change

d:\php>php -m

to

D:\php>php -m

But for the record i have had a lot of issues getting ffmpeg to work the way i want. i have been playing around with it in clip bucket(check signature for sample link). got it installed on a nix box and everything set but it will only do low quality conversions anything high quality/Youtube quality it fails.
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK I lowered the security features (admin check) as well as set all permissions on the files and folders to full control and changed the little d to a big D and still get the same results. As far as I know I need that extension for the next project I'm doing but I do believe I can access ffmpeg manually by using exec(); but haven't tested that. I would be using a word press plugin to help speed along the process since time is a factor in this project normally I'd just build from scratch. the one thing that bugs me is the output from the php.exe says it has loaded the ffmpeg module but yet doesn't show up on the php info.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

as for as i know if php does not detect it then there is something missing from php.ini but i am sure you have said you have edited it. So i would double check from 2 sources that what you have written in there is correct.

only other thing i can think of is moving the test_source to a unix server and check results from there. unix makes perfect development environment and if you need your own you can use VMware to install one in the background if you got the ram for 2 OS running. Or better yet test on your hosting server.

This is what i got set on my server but i am running linux/CentOS on my server.
Modules and paths
FFMPEG
FFmpeg is used to covert videos from different versions to FLV , MP4 and many other formats. Learn more
Version Svn 26402 • Expected Path /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
PHP CLI
PHP CLI is used to peform video conversion in a background process. Learn more
Version 5.2.9 • Expected Path /usr/bin/php
FLVTool2
FLVTool2 is a tool to repair FLV files to make them streamable Learn more
Version 1.0.6 • Expected Path /usr/local/bin/flvtool2
MP4Box
MP4Box is a tool used to repair MP4 files to make them streamable Learn more
Version 0.4.5 • Expected Path /usr/local/bin/MP4Box
  1. Modules and paths
  2. FFMPEG
  3. FFmpeg is used to covert videos from different versions to FLV , MP4 and many other formats. Learn more
  4. Version Svn 26402 • Expected Path /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
  5. PHP CLI
  6. PHP CLI is used to peform video conversion in a background process. Learn more
  7. Version 5.2.9 • Expected Path /usr/bin/php
  8. FLVTool2
  9. FLVTool2 is a tool to repair FLV files to make them streamable Learn more
  10. Version 1.0.6 • Expected Path /usr/local/bin/flvtool2
  11. MP4Box
  12. MP4Box is a tool used to repair MP4 files to make them streamable Learn more
  13. Version 0.4.5 • Expected Path /usr/local/bin/MP4Box

not sure how much i am helping but keep me posted as i have never got a perfect result from ffmpeg just only got it working.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts