File Management System Question

• jonds287
  • Born
  • Born
  • jonds287

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm building a site for my father who is an insurance broker. He's got about 300 group clients and another 200 or so individual clients that he has different contracts with, health, dental insurance, etc.

He would like something on the site where he can have his clients and their employees if they are a group contract - sign in and get information on the benefits that they have signed up for. What I'm needing then would be a secure client portal where they would sign in and then the individual would have access to only the files that are relevant to the services they are enrolled in and only with the individual companies/policies that they are enrolled in.

I've been looking for a piece of software that's already capable of doing all of that, but with the number of different levels of filtering I'm needing I haven't been able to find something.

I was curious as to whether or not anybody has come across a piece of software that will do this, and if so if they could send me the link to it. If so I would be very appreciative.

If there's nothing out there then I'll have to explore my options from there, but I'd rather use a database of some kind instead of having to piece together thousands of htaccess files, obviously.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Jonathan.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what you need to do is bed down your business requirements.

Once you have done that you need to build a domain model and then translate that into a relational database scheme.

The filtering you talking about is more of a reporting feature so don't let this influence your design. Model your objects correctly and you will be able to filter to your hearts content!

There is plenty of software out there that can do what you require but it is really over kill for what you need. The type of system you are trying to build is commenly refered to as a CRM. Come to think of it prehaps SugarCRM will cover your needs?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts