jw flv player is not showing on my website

• dhoyin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • dhoyin
  • Loc: west africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,
i tried previewing a sample of the jw flv player on my website but it does not just show up the flv player. i downloaded and uploaded the zip folder without changing any thing yet, the player area is blank. what can i do to correct this.
the page is :
http://www.getinspiredng.com/media/readme.html
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

make sure the included file swfobject.js is in exactly the same directory the flash player files are in.

If that still doesn't work make sure your host supports FLV mime type. In a lot of cases the FLV mime type is not enabled by default.
  • Icedman23
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Atno, I've got the same problem.. i think..
When previewing my SWF its pointing to the movie.flv locally and opening.. works fine..

When uploading to the web server, copied all three files.. 1).FLV file 2)Skin file(swf also) 3) the Main.SWF file

it Shows the Main.SWF but on the Scene where i placed my .FLV its black and the web browser status says waiting for reply.. then transferring.. but its completely blank.. :D

any ideas? about MIME type.. i've read that some needs the WebHost to configure the MIME type.. (correct me if im wrong)
is there any walk around on this.. like embedding codes on html itself to instruct the server.??? (not good at codes)

Thanks in advance
  • Icedman23
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

i forgot to include in the last post.. what i meant was.. .FLV MIME type
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In your FLV player component, double check properties and make sure the path to the FLV is relative and not absolute.

As far as the MIME type, the host does have to support the FLV MIME Type. Linux hosts, usually do, although that is not guaranteed. Windows servers by default don't and it has to be added at the host end in either case. Your host should be able to tell you if it's supported or not.
  • Icedman23
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Atno, I've tried that.. but i think its the Web host thing..

coz i tried making a single .flv on a blank page in Dreamweaver.. it also gave the Error 404..

anyway, Thank you very much..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts