Form Button / Audio playback problem.

• natrul
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • natrul

Post 3+ Months Ago

i found the below code and it is the button im looking for for my web page. When I insert it into my page and try to use the button I get an error message saying media player can't open this file (the music plays but the message comes when trying to turn it off). Do I need any more code to use this type of button. Is it possible for someone to look at my homepage and see if I can change the current button to the one shown below

<form method="get" action="http://URL.mid"><input type="submit" value="Music On/Off" text="blue"></font>

web address http://www.destinysmoonwithin.co.uk
thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, but I completely don't see the form button you're talking about.

Also, Please try to make more informative subject lines about the problem. I adjusted this one.
  • natrul
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • natrul

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just want a on and off button for my music on my page i don't like the look of the one im using at the moment can i hide it and use the one below

<form method="get" action="http://URL.mid"><input type="submit" value="Music On/Off" text="blue">

this is just a simple on and off button please how can i change the one on my site .. someone kindly give me the code for the one on my site so it will play on all browsers just don't like the style just want my viewers to see a button that says on and off help please

http://www.destinysmoonwithin.co.uk
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see (I think). Well, first of all, the way it is is not really that obnoxious. In fact, I was happy to have the ability to control the sound. A lot of people just embed it and don't even display any controls.

The problem is is that your music is embeded, and I don't think a simple form submit thing is going to do it for you. I noticed you did your site in Frontpage. I assume they have no option for this.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark that you are going to need some javascript help with this because nothing in HTML is going to do it that I'm aware of.

I'm moving this to programming to assist in a better answer.
  • natrul
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • natrul

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're right we did use Frontpage - its the first website I've done - I've no problem with the coding etc for the media player its just the look of the play/stop icon it looks untidy - if its possible for this to be changed to a simple on/off button that would be great - otherwise any help from programming would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help so far. Do I not need to check this forum from now on - do I just go to programming for any replies???
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well what happens is you are embedding the sound as an object. The way you have things is OK, but what's happening is that the way it's being done is that it allowing the very basic stop, pause and play controls to be visible.

I'm not 100% certain that what you want to do can even be done with basic coding. You could certainly do it with flash, but at the very least it's going to take some sort of script to accomplish it and I personally don't know of any.

P.S. -- not too shabby for your first site. You should have seen mine -- it was pitiful! *lol
  • natrul
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • natrul

Post 3+ Months Ago

their must be somone who can help me :( please i dont want to finish my site til i solve this problem
  • natrul
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • natrul

Post 3+ Months Ago

somone please help
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

natrul, sometimes you just have to have a little patience. Sometimes posts don't always get a solution. Lot's of people read this post, but apparently until now, nobody had an answer. But I think I found one for you.

I went on a limb and tried this Google search exactly as it's posted:

javascript + embeded + music + on + off + button

You are going to laugh so hard when you see that this topic is the first result. The second result leads to a dead link for the solution, but the third result I think provides you your answer:

http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/lev2/ ... 15/fid/375

If not, there's about 175 other results to run through, but I think that one above will do what you want.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts