form to confirm to email

• dreamer7
  • Student
  • Student
  • dreamer7
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

well as ever im tryin new snippets of code and this time im tryin make a form go to a confirmation page and then off to my email but the thing is i have some problems with the confirmation screen as im not sure what numbers to put in this var xemail=location.search.substring(field1+7,firstend) i take it cos im learnin javascript by tryin to edit it that the field and firstend r variables that have been declared earlier but i want to know is what numbers i put in the source for this is on http://tatsquad.com/confirm_page.htm i take it from something i saw earlier that the numbers make the words that r on the page so how do i do it so that it shows the age, dname and rname
D7 (ur favourite newbie lmao)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looked at your source really quick, however it seems there is a major chunk missing to how the users values get stored as those variables. There is no way the script will be able to automatically detect them. There has to be a form or something where they enter their e-mail, etc.
  • rubahneck
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rubahneck

Post 3+ Months Ago

there's a confirmation email on http://javascript.internet.com/ I used it, altered it and placed it on several different web pages. I can't remember what part of that website I got it from but you'll see several different ones that you can edit.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Must we use javascript to confirm e-mail ? Anyone knows how to do it using php ?. Or a link will help alot. Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts