formmail with multiple, seperate recipients

• narrid
  • narrid

Post 3+ Months Ago

ive got 6 people i need to use a formmail with.

is it possible for me to have their contacts as a pull down menu, all using the same textarea?

if you want to contact guy1 select his name from the pull down menu, your contact will only be sent to his address

if you want to contact guy2 select his name from the pull down menu, your contact will only be sent to his address

is this possible? any help on how to do this?

i prefer to use a php formmail that will not show the emails in any form, in the source.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think you can do that with the regular formmail script, but it's certainly possible to do using a PHP script.

You just have to have your script check which recipient was chosen, and substitute the appropriate E-Mail address when sending.
  • narrid
  • narrid

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it isnt too difficult, could you show me an example code? ive only been using php for less than 2 months, cant say im all too experienced with it just yet
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, basically, you're just watching out for a variable.. (your drop down list box)...

Look what its value is, and then do whatever based on the value of that variable.

I'll see if I can dig up some code for you, but it's a fairly straightforward process.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You also might be able to get some ideas from this post:

http://www.ozzu.com/programming-forum/submitting-multiple-email-addresses-t1985.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts