2 forms in 1 action

• tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all...am new here and would just like to ask if there is a possibility of doing 2 forms in 1 action.

Let me try to explain, I have a multi-gaming league and what I wanted was to have them sign up in one league which should automatically sign them up for the other games. Each game has it's own components, scoring, stats, etc. But sometimes, it gets tiresome when someone wants to join and has to do so for 7 times?

Can this be done?

All help is appreciated

tyght :wink:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would think that the easiest way would be use one form to register them. Set the users in one specific user database table, then for each of the games, use the variables to pull the user info from the user database table. That's how I'm doing it with php and it works.
  • tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

kewl...thanks

tyght :wink:
  • tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

btw...is it possible to show me some of the code you use? just to give me a better idea of how to go about it...thanks in advance

tyght
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow -- That would be a handful. Let me explain what I'm doing. I'm using the code for the phpBB board to write automated sports pools. I did it that way, because I wanted to use the member database tables for the forums so that members didn't have to register separately for the pools. It's very similar to what you are trying to do. It's impossible to show you all that it takes to do it and it's taken me over 2 months to get to halfway where I want to be.

I can suggest to download the free code for this style phpBB board. Studying that a bit should give you a good feel for exactly how to do it. Here's the link:
http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php

If you already know or understand PHP, you can gain a lot of great tips and ideas from this open source code.

Here's the link to my place if you want to see what I'm doing -- and if you like sports, log in and join us!
http://imagesculptor.com/pool
  • tyghtwad
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks kewl....will definitely join ya...

and ummm 2 months huh...wow!!! guess it's time to sit down and hit the books again...lmao

ty for the info bud

tyght
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't let the "2 months" slow you down - when I first started I didn't know PHP or SQL from a hole in the ground - I'm learning as I go. SOmeone who knows them could have done it much faster, but, what the heck - I'm having fun learning!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts