forums with php and mysql

• consolestrat
  • Born
  • Born
  • consolestrat

Post 3+ Months Ago

can someone please help. i need a full tutorial from start to finish on how to make your own forum. i have a web domain and host. i have full access to php and mysql with tho host. im new to mysql and php tho. but i can learn this stuff very fast and if you can give me a full well described tutorial on how to do this, im sure i can.

please help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have Linux Hosting package with cPanel as your control panel you will get Fantastico as addon which will help you to install all open source software/forums. If you want you can contact your webhost who can install it for you for free, if you have managed hosting plan.

Using Fantastico you can install required applications easily, no need to be technical expert ;)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to create your own forum, you would need the skill and the time to do so. I have done that (Well, the trivial forum services), but that was not even close to be compared to phpBB or those other major open source forums.

What I ended up doing is using phpBB, changing the style of it and integrating my site's pages into it, so now it works perfectly well.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts