Foxserv Problems

• lomilmand
  • Student
  • Student
  • lomilmand
  • Loc: Bournemouth, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why does FoxServ not work on my PC?

I had previously installed it on my PC but never used it so uninstalled. I came to install it today but it does not work. (I don't know if it worked the first time). It still appears in the Windows Services, does this make a difference? How do I remove both Apache and Mysql from the Services?

When I say it doesn't work, the http://localhost function doesn't bring up a page, and the MySQL is on the 'red light' if you know what I mean.

I can't seem to find the answer on the foxserve site, so if there is anyone who uses it, please ehlp me. I really want to get PHP up and working on the PC.

Could anyone run me through tht step, and what I should expect to find.

I run the install file..... Apache monitor says it is working and running, but as I say, the MySQL is not (red light). LocalHost does not bring up a page, and im stuck..... :cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lomilmand
  • Student
  • Student
  • lomilmand
  • Loc: Bournemouth, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, i've succesfully removed the services. So now my PC is clean on Foxserve I need to start over.

Im running XP Home not Pro, is that a problem?

Is there anything I need to remove from the registry. I don't see anything in there, but I wasn't asked to enter a password or username when I last installed.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Running XP Home shouldn't be a problem, although I've only tested it out myself on 2K Pro and XP Pro...

You might want to check FoxServ's support forums.

http://www.foxserv.net/main.php

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts