I'm having a problem with my form

• jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a form on my site for visitors to request info and I want it to send me all fields even if they are blank. I have used the steps that to person who designed the script outlines in their website but it still isn't working...can someone tell me what the problem is?

BTW-on my machine, some of the fields are yellow and some are white but I don't see it the same way on other machines-does anyone else see yellow and white fields on my form? Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where's your form? Those fields might be yellow if they're disabled, depending on the layout of the page (or perhaps, your personal settings). If your form is here, I don't see any yellow fields either.

As for getting the results emailed to you, that would depend on the script, and the server it's running on. Is the script sending you anything at all? How does the script send the actual mail, through Net::SMTP? though sendmail? If the former, does the server have the Net::SMTP Perl module installed? If the latter, is the script calling sendmail from the right place on the server? There should be some variables in the script (I'm just guessing here, but it's pretty common practice) where you can either choose which method to use (Net::SMTP, SMTP or sendmail) and set up where sendmail lives, or the address of your SMTP server and possibly your username.

If it's not too long, post the portions of the script that handle the mailing of information and someone might be able to be of more help.

Regards,
This
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

To answer the question about the yellow colored fields, It's because you are using Google Toolbar and for Autofill in the More tab in options you have the highlighted option checked. This highlights in Yellow any field that can be completed with the Google Autofill option.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys. Sorry I didn't get back till now, I didn't realize anyone had posted because it wasn't emailing me when people did.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts