How to create an mp3 search engine?

• elieobeid7
  • elieobeid7

Post 3+ Months Ago

I posted this question on yahooanswers and digital digitalpoint forums and received no good answer. This is my first post here coz i hear that ozzu has great programmer so lets see if you can help coz I didn't fing any tut on the web lol

How to write an mp3 search engine in any language that you want - my favorites are php or ror or python - I don't want it to store the result in a db, coz eventually the db will crash, can you write a tutorial about that?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Waaaaaaay too vague.

MP3 search engine. What are you searching? Where is the information coming from? How are you organizing it? Why do you assume all DB's will just crash? What about load balancing and support? How will you do caching?

For the amount of time it would take someone to "teach" you to do this, they could just go ahead and do it themselves. What you want to do is way beyond the scope of any tutorial.
  • elieobeid7
  • elieobeid7

Post 3+ Months Ago

stop saying it's too vague like other people on other forums, it's not too vague, all you have to do is to create a web crawler that crawls for mp3, what I'm gonna search is sites like vk which is a russian social network and it has 50 million songs. 4shared and others. there are many mp3 search engine like beemp3 for example, they don't host in the database. for example topinweb is hosted on just one server, an average server, when the web crawler find music, it stores only the link in the database and not the file, the files are hosted elsewhere, if they were to store instead the mp3 files and the crawler finds lets say 6000 mp3 only, the average size of an mp3 file is 3 Mb, you are gonna be using aroung 17 gb just for the mp3 and we're not calculating the bandwidth, moreover, a search engine that crawls for 6000 mp3 is considered a bad search engine lol

topinweb crawls vk which has 50 million songs, I know that because my friend knows the owner of the site, he's russian.

I'm not allowed to post links so google the site if u want, all of them are dot com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts