Ideas About Best Way To Add A Blog To A Website

• CStrauss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: St. Louis MO. USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry if this been asked before on here but here is my question. I want to add a blog page to a website and wondering if would be easier to use set up wordpress and just pull the blogs from there and code it to display on my site or create one from scratch using PHP and what not.

Basically I just want to display my blogs on my site and in my admin section be able to add blogs with out having to use soemthing like a wordpress theme. This is sort of a new area to me adding blogs to a website so any ideas suggestions to avoid headaches would be appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

What types of features are you wanting on the blog? If you just want to store/regurgitate articles, then I say write your own. If at any point you find yourself wanting tougher, extra features but not able/willing to code them, then it makes sense to swap to something like wordpress.
  • CStrauss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well pretty simple is what I'm looking for basically a text box to add my blog maybe a few features like add a link or image or something like that. Which would be simple enough to set up a database table to store all this info and what not, but at the same time I kind of want to know how to take word press blog or any of the other blog programs and add it seamlessly to s website to prepare myself for that situation if it comes up.

So if you are any one else has some links to articles and tutorials and what not I be interested in reading up on doing this and the pros and cons of each.
  • CStrauss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did find some links using something like feedburner to bring blog feeds into your website not sure how it all works yet but might be on to something

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts