Incorporating PHPBB3 Inquiry

• ShyneeThings
  • Born
  • Born
  • ShyneeThings

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all. I'm a designer who is only recently turning to learn how to take my comps. and turn them into actual working sites and such, so be patient with me please, as some areas of web dev knowledge is rather crude still!

Recently, I was working on a friend's site and almost everything is up and running fine for now (there's still random placeholder text atm, as the site isnt going to be effectively used for another week or so). I have chosen to install phpbb3 for the forums of choice, and everything installed cleanly last nite and was functioning just fine. however going back today, I have managed to somehow bork something between the wee hours of this morning and coming home from work.

Originally, I intended the forums to be located at http://solguild.net76.net/forums so I was trying to just simply create a link off a button for this, but it always says page is unavailable. I somehow managed to have it work last now, but now have a very foggy recollection of many hours of going in circles till i had an "aHA!"

Currently my file structures look like this:
public_html
>forums
(i renamed the default "phpbb33" folder to forums)
>img
>
>
> all of these are the ___.html pages for the site
>
>index.html

Perhaps i just am using the wrong code to make my link?

<p>Click <a href="http://solguild.net76.net/forums/" class="style1">HERE</a> to link to our forums for now. Eventually I will go back, make a custom template for the forums</p>

<p>and integrate it here into the existing site.</p>

Anyone have an inkling to what may have gone awry? Let me know if you need more information. Also, anyone have a thoroguh tutorial on how to take a phpbb3 and make it "fit" into an existing website?

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ShyneeThings
  • Born
  • Born
  • ShyneeThings

Post 3+ Months Ago

shameless bump, as i am still stumpd