Javascript: reloading page after resize

• matis
  • matis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
I am trying to design a website for a company. This is my first (professional) website. I stumble into some problems. I designed my site with frames, a javascript menu, and CSS. It's viewed best with 1024*768 res., with IE6. You can take a look at it here: jjbosbv

Now I have a few problems:

- The bottom pages use layers. When you resize the page the layers don't stay in their place. Is there a javascript that reloads the page after resizing?

- The javascript menu isn't relative to the buttons (wich are in a different frame then the menu that appears when you rollover it) but to the page. Now when the page is resized the position of the menubutton and the rollovermenu isn't in place no more. I figure that i have to make some changes in the .js files, but i don't know what kind of formula I have to apply to it.

- Some browser can't view the red borders I made with CSS. How do i configure my page so that all browser see the red borders with stylesheets?

Thanks in advance for your interest,
Matis
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Matis,

You won't be happy with what I am going to say. Sorry.

I stoped using frames a long time ago. More than three years I guess. Most web site designers did the same. There are a lot of reasons for that, and the bunch of problems you have are part of the reasons.

I have never tested it, but I think mixing layers with frames is not a good idea. I think you may be able to solve that problem by refering positions to the start of the frame, I don't know how to do that in practice.

Well, I think you must build up the site discarding frames solution, and using HTML tables instead. Of course, you will have to redo all the site, but you will get all your work running ok after that.

Good luck...
  • matis
  • matis

Post 3+ Months Ago

well... I don't want to redo the whole thing... thanks for your explanation anyway Leo.

Is there a script that refreshes the page after resizing it? That should fix a big part of my problem... I guess :roll:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Even after refreshing the page, it was still out of position once resized. IE6
  • matis
  • matis

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert, i think you are talking about the menu... I was talking about the rounded edges in the bottomframe. I know what I have to do with the positioning of the menu, but the refreshing is my prob...
  • matis
  • matis

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is what I was looking for actually: http://javascript.internet.com/page-details/reload-on-resize.html.
glad i found it :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts