KDevelop urgent help needed

• noelcantona
  • Born
  • Born
  • noelcantona

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, after suffering quite a while to install the autoconf, now I manage to run Kdevelop and now I have another problem. The header file, KDevelop do NOT know where to get the header file and I quite sometime setting ENV and PATH, it doesn't work. At last I got really fed up and use the wizard to do the work.

I found out that makefile and other is very important in order to get my *.cpp file compile. There are too many files created using the wizard.

My question, is there anyway that I can compile my program like compiling Java in Windows?, compile --> run.

If yes what I need to do.

Please advice.

Thank you.

P/S:I know where is the header file, and bin file for Kdevelop and Qt. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

bump
  • noelcantona
  • Born
  • Born
  • noelcantona

Post 3+ Months Ago

huh?
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I "bumped it" to make sure people see your thread. I want to be sure
that you can get some help if possible.

welcome to ozzu. :D
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bumping just re-marks your thread as new for people, and puts it to the top of the list in the category. The bump has nothing to do with the resolution of your problem though.

As far as your problem, are you running all this from the console? or are you in xwindows or gnome? or some similiar? I have never used Kdevelop but I do know that for almost every program I write and for ever program that I install the majority use Makefiles to faciliate to the installation process. Usually a Makefile allows you to type something like this in your command console to compile and link your scripts:

make
make test
make install

make test does not always work, but sometimes it does. Usually reading the readme.txt file will tell you exactly which make commands are supported. If you write the scripts youself, you will need to develop your own Makefile so that your make commands can work.

Sometimes you may have to configure your script that you are installing first so that your makefile can be written. Usually typing the following will do that:

./configure
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you try posting this question at the <a href="http://www.kdevelop.org/forum/list.php?f=2" target="_blank">user forum</a> at http://www.kdevelop.org? It looks like a new forum (all the posts are new anyway). They also have a <a href="http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=mailinglist.html" target="_blank">mailing list</a> that you can subscribe to. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but at least this post should bump you back up to the top.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts