large folder + php script help

• Logitech
  • Born
  • Born
  • Logitech

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all :)

I have a image hosting website, the script i use do not have a random folder upload function
so all images uploaded get in "images" and now the folder has over 300.000 images and it cant be open form the ftp. iam thinking is there a way i can upload a php script which has a search function and can delete images in the folder by request form me.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm guessing you're trying to open the folder with a GUI based FTP application and your application just hangs ?

You can try the command line FTP application, that should let you navigate around the server and "PUT" a file there without retrieving the directory listing you probably have hanging you up.

You'll want to open the command prompt and make sure you navigate to the directory where your PHP script is with CD.

Code: [ Select ]
cd c:\path\to\php\folder

Then connect to your server with the FTP application.

ftp ftp.server-address.com

This should prompt you for your username/password, after you enter your credentials it will start you in your home directory on the server.

Use CD to navigate to the folder you want to place the script in, try not to use the command "LS" or "DIR" unless you're sure you're not already in the folder with all of the images.

Once you're where you want to be, you "PUT" the file on the server. Since it's a PHP or text file you don't need to switch to binary mode or anything.

put script-name.php remote-script-name.php

After it's uploaded you can just close the command prompt to close the FTP connection.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts