Links from a jquery dropdown filter

• bayliner75
  • Student
  • Student
  • bayliner75

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys

Please be patient with the below email, I am not very technical

Trying gain some information if possible. I have a travel related website with a filter with 3 fields, country, region, resort, depending on which country you select it then throws up regions with in that country and the same for resorts.

ie
At present if you select a country , then region and hit go it will bring up a page with property relating to that region, the url that it brings up is a standard one which if copied and then click on brings you to my home page and not to the page that I have selected on the filter.

I am looking for the freindly url www.#######.com/country/region as to www.######.com/search-results.php which for some reason brings me to my home page.

I am basically looking to put some internal links through out my site using the freindly urls.

I did not what to put my website details but very happy to email it to people that could help, I hope the above makes sense.If some one could point me to a post or help page that would be ace. If you need more info please let me know

Thanks in advance

Paul
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

So it seems like you would need to look in to mod rewrite in the .htaccess file

here are a few sites to help you out
http://www.htmlist.com/how-to/a-simplem ... -tutorial/
http://www.the-art-of-web.com/system/rewrite/1/

I've done some myself and can help you out if needed.

What does the the url look like that you can copy and paste?
Quote:
ie
At present if you select a country , then region and hit go it will bring up a page with property relating to that region, the url that it brings up is a standard one which if copied and then click on brings you to my home page and not to the page that I have selected on the filter.
  • bayliner75
  • Student
  • Student
  • bayliner75

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Scott

If you have an email address I would be happy to send over the web address of my site for you to take a look

Cheers

Paul

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts