Loading links in _parent from database

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am using an iframe to load the content.

page1.php <-- is the final page visitors view
page1_r.php <-- page the iframe loads. Is the page that loads the content from the database using php

When a user follows a link that has been loaded out of the database, it loads the new page inside the iframe. What do I have to do to make it so all links followed on a page are loaded in _parent? I was thinking I might have to use Javascript to do this, but I'm not 100% sure.

example: http://officialtahua.com/CIS166/CMS/cis166.php
Click on one of the "Click Here" links to see what I mean.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there any particular reason you're using an iFrame here rather than a typical page?

"_top" will always specify the highest level frame (the browser viewport) when used as the target for a link.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes. I was using a regular page, and just included the php. Problem was with the way I had the layout done, the page couldn't expand vertically. As a result, easiest way to fix it was give the table an id and use CSS on the table, and use overflow: scroll;. I tried that, but for some reason, it wasn't working. I'm not sure why, wasn't able to figure it out.

So next thing I thought of was dropping it into an iframe.

The other option I have is setting it up to generate pages from the results. I'm not sure how to do this, but if you think it will be easier I could take a look at doing it.

The problem with using any type of target, is I don't know how to apply it to the link, since the links are pulled out of the database(hence why I was thinking something with javascript).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts