Media Player

• Vidda
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Vidda

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need to use a Media Player to put my back ground music (in midi format). I am presently using the bgsound command but I need something that allows the user to stop the music, and I guess that using a media player would be the best solution. Could someone give me the exact code used to put a media player, in HTML?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: SanLeon Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code: [ Select ]
<embed src="musicfilename.mp3" autostart="true"></embed>

maybe?
  • Vidda
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Vidda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it works with musicfilename.mp3 but when I try to use a MIDI file it doesn't show. :(
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

This page has some examples which might be helpful:

http://www.hypergurl.com/music.html
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

The browser will often use either an internal player, your system default midi player (winamp, quicktime, etc.) or whatever is set in your browser's configuration.

Although, that said, there is an ActiveX control somewhere to specifically include media player in a page (I've used this before with video). I'm sure it could probably be altered slightly to be used with midi files, but bear in mind the only people that would actually hear the music would be those using Internet Explorer on a Windows box.

I'm not sure of the URL for the control off-hand, but I'll have a quick hunt around for you, and post here when/if I can find it.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, Here we go...

This is what I could find...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmplay/mmp_sdk/windowsmediaplayeractivexcontrol.asp

It's not the exact page I used when I did it (which was a coupla years ago, so I could put a DivX video as a "splash screen" on a HTML CD-Rom presentation doohicky - so no bandwidth issues, heh. It looks like Micro$oft updated it since I last read it.

But that should probably be what you need - if you're determined to use media player, and not just allow the browser to use whatever the locally defined player is.

Good luck :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts