Myspace to Myspace

• drumzplaya13
  • drumzplaya13

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not a programmer, and not exactly sure if it even requires a programmer to do this.. But I have an old Myspace, I also have a new Myspace. I want it so if people go to my old Myspace it automatically redirects them to my new one. There is a code or something for it, but I just am not sure. If anyone can help me that would be awesome! :D

cheers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

In short, I don't think it's possible. MySpace will strip out or plain-text any javascript that you put on the page. You won't be able to redirect the page with headers, either, because that's all server-side.
  • drumzplaya13
  • drumzplaya13

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard it could be done. I'm not a programmer or coder/scripter though so I wouldn't know. What would be the command line if I were to try it though? It's like redirecting a server to another or a domain to another, though myspace is server side I'd still be interested to try.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about meta refresh? I don't know, but is that even possible?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those are stripped, too. Just tried it on my own profile. MySpace would essentially become a HUGE redirect facility or phishing grounds (note that one was Feb. 08 - long passed) if they allowed something like what OP is after. It makes sense that they would combat it.

drumzplaya13:

You seem pretty intent on doubting the 'I don't think it's possible' portion of my reply and adamant that we do as you ask, so I'll make you a deal - you do the leg work and find a myspace profile that redirects, and we'll help you figure out how they did it. Good luck, heh.
  • devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm pretty sure I've seen a myspace redirect. I can't recall right off the profile, but just to verify that they're out there. Sounds like a good deal to me, he should take you up on your offer. If I run across one that redirect I'll pass it on.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be sure to share when you do find it. We're not talking Tom's profile or some huge conglomo profile that paid the company off, either. You're looking for an average joe's profile performing a redirect. Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts