mysql and php.ini

• Bill_Thompson
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am using PHP with MySQL in IIS.

So, MySQL is no longer enabled by default, so the php_mysql.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. How is this done? I searched php.ini and I did not find php_mysql.dll.
  • Gab
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gab

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

once the mysql is installed and the service is in running state then no need to make changes any where, make sure you are able to login remotely mysql using the login details you used at the time of installation.
To check service status -
Start > Run > type in services.msc > locate mysql service, near to it you can see its status (running/stopped)
  • Bill_Thompson
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gab wrote:
Hi,

once the mysql is installed and the service is in running state then no need to make changes any where, make sure you are able to login remotely mysql using the login details you used at the time of installation.
To check service status -
Start > Run > type in services.msc > locate mysql service, near to it you can see its status (running/stopped)

The MySQL service is running.

http://nl.php.net/manual/en/mysql.installation.php

Says:

Quote:
PHP 5+MySQL is no longer enabled by default, so the php_mysql.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. Also, PHP needs access to the MySQL client library. A file named libmysql.dll is included in the Windows PHP distribution and in order for PHP to talk to MySQL this file needs to be available to the Windows systems PATH. See the FAQ titled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows" for information on how to do this. Although copying libmysql.dll to the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), it's not recommended.
  • Bill_Thompson
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now, even after doing all I can, I still get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Help!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts